Saturday, September 27, 2014

Life Lately

Life has been, well, hectic lately.

The busyness all started with an 8 hour road trip to visit family for a long weekend.  It was good to see everyone but it was exhausting traveling with two toddlers.  We had a great time though, and even got a date night out of it since we had plenty of babysitting offers.

Before we could unpack our bags, both boys get sick with upper respiratory infections.  A couple of antibiotics and steroid dose pack later (holy cow!  Toddler roid rage is intense!!), they were on the mend... until.... they got Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease.  My poor babies.  Sores all over their mouths, throats, hands, face, and feet.  Fevers of 103+ for days.  Every time they would try to eat or drink something, they would scream in pain.  Plus, Miller is cutting 2 molars.  It is terrible seeing your child so miserable.

Thomas and I both ended up getting HFMD as well.  I can attest that it is, indeed, a miserable disease.

Everyone seems to be feeling much better now.  We are planning a low key weekend because next week will be a busy one, full of doctor appointments.

Have I ever said how much I do not like being busy?  It's the introvert in me, I guess.  I get overwhelmed and just want to go home and unwind.



No comments:

Post a Comment